Saturday, January 16, 2010

Scripture Memorization Verse #2

Well, I did not expect to be away from blogging for so long! Things have just been so busy - work has picked up, and it was my husband's 40th birthday last weekend complete with surprise party and all. And almost every night this week has been packed full as we're heading to Las Vegas on Monday for a week-long trip. So much to do, so little time it seems! But, it is definitely nice to be back on here and ready to work on memorizing my second verse for the year.

I will say, before I jump into my verse, that I have been very faithful to my diet and exercise plan. Even though I wasn't blogging about it, I have kept on going! I've been sticking to eating healthy, drinking lots of water, and exercising no matter what is going on! In the last two weeks, I am proud to say that I have walked 15 miles via those "Walk Away the Pounds" dvds. As of this past Monday, the scale indicated that I had lost almost a whole pound, and I've noticed that my skin looks clearer, and just in general, I feel happy and healthy through and through! This new way of life is doing wonders for me not only physically, but mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.

So, I'd been thinking about the next verse I was going to focus on and two terms that were really coming to mind were "walking" and "faith." I blogged previously about what God has revealed to me about faith, so, I decided to go with a verse about "walking" and this one seems quite appropriate...

"But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin." -1 John 1:7, NIV

My bible comments on this verse by noting that there are two walks of life...1) walking in darkness and 2) walking in the light. Walking in darkness is characterized by wickedness and error, while walking in light is characterized by holiness and truth. I know that sometimes I walk in both darkness and light, but the ultimate goal is to walk faithfully in the light every day of my life!

I've been struggling with a particular friendship lately; one that I want to keep and make better, but one that I'm not sure God wants me to keep and make better. Its really been an emotional rollercoaster for me because I'm not sure what to do. I've got my prayer warrior and best friend praying with me about it and I'm hoping for either a solution or a way out without any more pain and hurt. This verse inspires me because I know that if I walk in the light of God's holiness, truth, and love, that I will find the kind of friendship (fellowship) that builds one up and encourages one to stay out of the darkness. God may work a miracle in the situation I've mentioned and make this friend a part of that divine connection.

I'm also getting ready to start a new bible study through my church. Our women's group is going to be doing Beth Moore's "Esther: Its Tough Being a Woman" study and as a small group leader, I pray this verse over my members as they prepare for and enter this study on Wednesday evenings. I hope that together as a group we can find the kind of fellowship that inspires us to walk everyday in the light and that we will encourage one another to seek God for forgiveness for those times we step out of the light into the darkness. I pray we will seek Jesus at every turn and know it is Him who saves us!

Well, that about wraps this post up for the day. I may not be back on for awhile as I'll be out of town next week, but my hope is that while I'm away that I can experience walking in the light and have some blessings to share with you the next time I blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment