Monday, January 4, 2010

Nobody Said It'd Be Easy

Well, the first official day of my health plan was challenging. I ate consistently throughout the day, pairing carbs with protein, drank two full bottles of water, and then....I crashed! Towards the end of the work day, I started to get a bad headache and after my last snack, I was feeling pangs of hunger...like I was starving! It was totally not what I was expecting or looking forward to after all that preparation. And to make matters worse, since I wasn't feeling 100% when I got home, I decided to postpone my first night of working out until tomorrow night.

I wouldn't go so far as to say today was a total failure...I stuck to my guns with eating properly and have every intention of working out tomorrow. But I realize I need more that just my own strength to stay motivated and committed to this healthy lifestyle. I need God in every way!

My prayer is that God would extend His marvelous grace to me and that He'd carry me through this change in lifestyle. I pray that God will be in authority over my new goals and that any progress I make will be to His glory. I thank God for loving me and for being with me in my weakness. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment