Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy 2010!


A new year has officially begun, which means new goals are set and ready to be achieved over the next 12 months. My biggest goals for this year encompass ways to get spiritually and physically fit. I hope to reach new heights in my relationship with God and by June 1st, be ready for days at my favorite beach up north.

Spiritually, I've made it a goal to be in the Word, in prayer, and in fellowship everyday. Part of my commitment to this is memorizing scripture so that it becomes a part of who I am - my thoughts, speech, and behaviors. Based on a practice I learned from Beth Moore, I am going to pick scriptures that are particularly meaningful to me on the 1st and 15th of each month. As today is the beginning of my journey and the beginning of what hopefully will become a transformation of my soul, I have chosen the following verse to memorize...

"...take on an entirely new way of life - a God-fashioned life, a life renewed from the inside and working itself into your conduct..."
-Ephesians 4:24, The Message

May this verse echo the way of life I hope to embrace over the coming year and into eternity!


No comments:

Post a Comment