Tuesday, January 5, 2010

First Workout Down!

Today was a success! I came home after work and went right downstairs to do my walking work-out. I ended up doing a whole 2 miles and I felt so good not only while doing it, but afterwards. It felt really awesome to take that first step of getting started and I realized for the first time in a long time that I can do this and it can actually be quite fun! I couldn't help but smile while I was in the shower cooling down.

I have every intention of sticking to my plans for eating healthy and working out on a regular basis. As I said yesterday, I know that I can't do it alone and so today my prayers centered on God giving me His power and strength to be motivated, rather than relying on my own. I am happy to say that He answered that prayer and I have faith that He will continue to do so as long as I am willing to surrender to His will for my life - the will to be healthy and keep my body as the sacred temple it is supposed to be.

Here's to (power) walking in faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment