Sunday, January 31, 2010

An Ode to January











Good Morning! I'm glad to finally be back in the blogging world. We made it through our trip to Las Vegas and WOW, was that an adventure! We had ourselves a very good time and although it was hard to leave such lovely spring-like weather (blue sky, sunshine...not to mention mountains in the distance), it felt good to come home! As much as it was nice to be away from the normal routine and daily demands, it felt like I wasn't just on a vacation physically, but mentally and spiritually as well, and honestly, I didn't like how that felt. I should never let myself go one day, let alone a whole week, without spending time with the Lord...its too precious and necessary to take a vacation from...let that be a lesson to me! No matter how busy a vacation may be, make sure to include time with God!

I am proud to say, however, that going on vacation did not hinder me from jumping back into my daily devotions, bible study, diet, and workout routine upon our return. I have been faithful almost everyday this week to my goals of becoming more spiritually and physically fit! And looking back over the month of January, I am happy to say that I have gotten off to a great start for the year 2010! Its the small life adjustments that over time will make incredible differences! I am excited for what future months will bring.

Well, tomorrow begins a new month and I will be sure to have my scripture memory verse ready. I am realizing that it may not always be feasible for me to blog everyday or every week for that matter, so for now I'll plan on blogging on the 1st and 15th of each month and any time in between will be considered extra.

Goodbye January...Welcome February!

No comments:

Post a Comment