Saturday, July 2, 2011

Happy July!

A new month is here! And we're back up to our home away from home for the long holiday weekend! Gotta love the long, hazy days of summertime!

I survived my first week back to work after our week off. I had a productive week, and not only that, my anxiety seems to be more under control. I've been starting my days off in a posture of prayer and submission to God and I know that's really made a difference. I even attended a prayer meeting at the church this week, and I am so grateful for the prayers that were lifted up on behalf of our women's ministry and for us as individuals. The power of prayer is something I have definitely come to appreciate more of in my relationship with God. Daily communication with Him helps me to stay connected to Him and there is no better way to get through the days.

I started my training schedule for the half-marathon I hope to run in September. Altogether I completed 6 miles total. It feels good to be back on track - the simple act of running is so freeing and it totally helps to empty my mind of anything negative. When I complete a run, I feel not only a sense of accomplishment, but a sense of refreshment. I thank God for healing my foot and allowing me the pleasure of being able to get back out on the road.

So, because it's the beginning of a new month, that means it's time for a new scripture memory verse. I came across this verse yesterday as part of my daily devotional reading and it just really spoke to me. Like the last verse I chose from Psalm 62, it speaks of resting in God, but it also speaks of His love and care for us as His children. It's a good reminder for me - He is in control, He is my strength, and He is the God of my life - Hallelujah!

Deuteronomy 33:12, NIV
“Let the beloved of the LORD rest secure in him, for he shields [her] all day long, and the one the LORD loves rests between his shoulders.”

Before I close, I must mention that I have been working more on having a balanced life. I'm proud to say that I have been giving more time to relationships (both with God and people) rather than my "to do" list. It's a process for me - it's hard to let go of the "going, going, going" but I know that I need to take care of myself and be able to foster and nurture those relationships I cherish so much in my life. I'm still on the quest for balance and wholeness, and I know it's in someways a lifelong journey because we won't really have this completely until we are in Heaven, but it is what I long for and keep working towards, with my eyes focused upward towards God. He is mighty to save!

No comments:

Post a Comment