Sunday, June 26, 2011

Vacation's End







The week "vacation" is at an end as of today. It is always bittersweet when something good comes to a close, but nonetheless, I am very grateful for the time to have been away from the normal routine of life.

My hubby and I made the most of Traverse City despite the intermittent rain and clouds. After my training ended each day we hopped in the car and did some sightseeing. We ventured downtown to the shops and to Old Town, then up to Bower's Harbor and Mission Point. We enjoyed delicious food, the beauty of vineyards and cherry trees, and spent quality time together being silly and adventurous. On our way back to Ludington, we took scenic route M-22 which is just an absolutely gorgeous ride along the lakeshore. All in all, it was a great time, and we've been able to recuperate at our "home away from home" these last couple days which has been fantastic considering a busy week is upon us at work and at home.

One of my favorite parts of my little vacation was being able to read another book. Yesterday, I finished "Do You Know Who I Am?" by Angela Thomas. I had never read her before, but when at the bookstore recently, felt compelled to pick this book up, and I am so glad I did. Her words combined with Scriptures really spoke to my heart. There were twelve chapters in all, each addressing a different question and every answer points to a different aspect of Jesus. To summarize...

He is worthy.
He is my God who sees.
He is my comfort.
He does not grow weary.
He is my sufficiency.
He is my Savior.
He is here.
He is my strength.
He is generous.
He is my King and Father.
He is my Redeemer.
He is my hope.

To this Jesus girl, these reminders of who He is in my life are exactly what I need with everything that has been going on. I am clinging to these truths and His Presence. I cannot get through life without Him. I know the anxiety and insecurity I've been facing are bumps in the road and will eventually pass as long as He is close to me. I am so blessed for the time to be able to soak in this book and in His Word. I pray I would be strengthened, uplifted, and motivated by these truths of who Jesus is in my life to fulfill the purposes to which He has called me.

That is it for today. We are going to pack things up and head back home shortly to get things around for the coming week. I am praying that my refreshment from this past week will carry forth into my home and work life. I need my Jesus. I know He is here with me. I thank Him for being my Rock and my Redeemer, my salvation and my hope. He is my God. I will love Him and praise Him my whole life long for what He has done and who He is!

No comments:

Post a Comment