Saturday, June 4, 2011

Happy June!





I've been trying to get on my blog the past few days and for some reason, the usual route of getting here has not been working. But I have somehow defeated the odds today, and alas, I'm able to check in and say "hello!"

It's already June - hard to believe this year is essentially half over - how time is flying! And because it's a new month, that means I have a new scripture memory verse. This time I'm focusing on a well-known verse, but one that I believe is essential in getting me to my ultimate goal in life: a deeper, more intimate relationship with Jesus.

Mark 12:30, NIV
"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength."

I know that in order to love Jesus more and become like Him, I must surrender my heart (my core, inner-self and all of my affections), my soul (my physical life and self-concept), my mind (my ideas, viewpoints, and perspectives), and my strength (my abilities, talents, gifts, and physical powers) to Him. In doing so, He makes me whole, complete, and life becomes more beautiful and wonderful! Hallelujah - He is GOOD!

That is all for today. I've added a few pictures to this post of the first sunset of summer at our great up north destination. The beauty and creativity of God never ceases to amaze me!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment