Sunday, May 22, 2011

Oh what a beautiful morning!











The weather the last four days has been absolutely glorious! I have been able to plant my flowers and enjoy the outdoors of my home to the fullest - it's FABULOUS! I am currently sitting on my back deck, enjoying the sounds of birds chirping and reveling in all the green leaves that surround me - I love this country life I live!

This has been a really good week for me - productive and relaxing. I've actually been on call since Monday so it's always a little tense and you never know when your phone will ring. BUT, despite this, it's been great! And this weekend has just been pure joy. I've been up early which means I've accomplished the necessary tasks early enough to not impede on the rest of the day and as I said before, the weather has been fantastic so I've really been able to just enjoy being outside for a change.

I had dinner with my good friend twice this weekend, and might I also add that both Friday and Saturday nights we indulged in turtle sundaes...yes, we did! And they were mighty good, although I wouldn't have minded more caramel, fudge, and pecans...but I'm just sayin...LOL! I love this season and all the good food and desserts that come with it. I'm not overindulging either - I am still sticking to my guns with my diet and exercise routine while this foot heals - but I'm also trying to enjoy these things too. I'm a person who thrives on balance and I know well enough to not go too crazy, and fortunately I haven't backslided and have continued to maintain my healthy weight, so PRAISE GOD!

I started reading The Purpose Driven Life a little over a week ago. The last time I spoke to a trusted spiritual mentor at church, she had mentioned that I might consider reading this book as I continue to seek and grow in my relationship with the Lord. I've actually owned the book for quite some time, but never got past Day 8 for some reason...I just must not have been ready for the content or something. I'm happy to say that I'm currently on my twelfth day and I'm really enjoying it. I just read one chapter a day and by the end, will have done this for a full 40 days. I hope to come away with a deeper understanding of who I am in Christ and what His purpose is for me by the end of this 40 day journey.

Summer tends to be more relaxed for me. My activity with the church tends to slow down a bit, as I like to recuperate after two full sessions of study and leadership during the fall and spring seasons. But just because my activity slows, doesn't mean I want my relationship with God to grow stagnant. I'm really praying that my relationship and friendship with the Lord would grow tremendously over these summer months and that I would be drawn into deeper intimacy with the God of my life. I'm really craving God - I've even come to think of myself as a Jesus Girl - I just want ALL of Him to envelope ALL of me! My aunt and I are actually looking to do a book study together starting late June. We're going to read Margaret Feinberg's "The Organic God" and I'm super stoked about it. I've only read one of her books to date, so I'm looking forward to checking out more of her material. I'm prayerful that my aunt and I will learn a great deal, and not only grow closer to God, but to each other as well. It's such a blessing to have a spiritual friend in my family!

I've included some random pictures as part of this post. These are the little things in life that bring me joy. It's part of that process of me becoming more transparent and living my life out loud and in the open. I think to be genuine is to be open with ourselves, others, and God about the things we like, dislike, etc. It can be difficult at times, but I think it's also the best way to be.

That's all for now. Time to enjoy this exquisite sunshine and warmth! Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment