Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Scripture Memory Verse #12

Just checking in quickly to share my Scripture Memory Verse #12...this is the half-way point...woohoo! So cool to flip through my spiral notecards and see all the verses I've been focusing on this year. Memorizing God's Word has greatly encouraged me to develop a more intimate relationship with Jesus and the more I draw closer to Him, the more He draws closer to me and this has been a tremendous blessing to me!

Here's my verse for the next 15 days...

Psalm 62:1-2, NIV
"My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken."

This passage means a great deal to me right now. I think all the changes I've been through the past year have finally caught up with me - I've been sort of teetering on the edge of burnout - and I know a lot of it has to do with the pressures I put on myself to do this, do that. I'm really trying to just trust God for everything and rest in Him, hence why this verse is so perfect for this season. In God, I am NEVER shaken. He keeps me firm and secure, and this knowledge is wonderful! I'm sticking with Him, no matter what!

No comments:

Post a Comment