Friday, September 2, 2011

Happy September!







It's finally here - September - YAY! I've been so looking forward to this month, as it officially marks the start of college football, cooler weather, changing colors, and a new season, which ultimately makes for a fresh start! Thank God for new beginnings!

I am writing from my place up north. Hanging out, listening to the crickets and grasshoppers through the window, while my MSU Spartans are playing their first game on the television...this is the life! It's nice to be up north and have the extended weekend ahead of me. I am in need of a little downtime as things at home have been so busy. I'm looking forward to some time of refreshment and relaxation. And speaking of chilling out, I've attached a few pictures of a recent hike my husband and I took last weekend. Nature is such an amazing way to get away from the strife of life and get some breathing room. It really makes a difference in my life when I take the time to get outside and enjoy God's creation!

I've been doing a lot of reading lately. I managed to get through all of Margaret Feinberg's books this summer, which were fantastic - I highly recommend for those hungering to hear God's voice and have a more intimate relationship with Him. I also re-read "Captivating" for the fourth time. That book is what helped me to fall in love with Jesus all over again in June of 2006 and inspired me to recommit my life to Him. I try to make a habit of reading it once every year, just as a little reminder of that special time in my life. In terms of fiction, I just finished "The Help" and absolutely LOVED it! It was a great story and very encouraging for those of us who hope and dream for more and better in our lives. Reading has greatly helped me to take the time to just chill in the evenings after a busy day and has given me something to look forward to at the end of the day. I just picked up two more books and hope to read those over the weekend!

I've been continuing to run. I'm a little over two weeks away from my big race. I can't believe how fast time is going and that it's less than 20 days away! I am incredibly excited, but also nervous about what race day will entail. Above all, I've been praying for strength, endurance, and God's grace from head to toe. I know that in Christ, I can do all things. He will make me victorious and help me to finish strong - in this I put my faith and trust!

With it being the beginning of a new month, that means it's time for my new scripture memory verse (#17)...

1 Thessalonians 4:7, The Message
God hasn't invited us into a disorderly, unkempt life but into something holy and beautiful — as beautiful on the inside as the outside.

I happened upon this verse and it just struck me as so simple and yet profound. The life God calls me to is a life of holy beauty. So often I settle for less, but He desires the absolute best for me. In no way do I deserve His love, grace, or mercy, but He willingly extends His hand to me and invites me into this glorious adventure with Him. When I get to Heaven, I hope and pray it will be said of me that I always said "Yes" to God when He reached out to me. I know I've missed plenty of those moments in my life already, but I so desperately desire to be willing and obedient to Him.

Lord, give me the heart to know You, the eyes to see You, the ears to hear You. Restore, rebuild, and renew me from the inside out. Make me beautiful in Your Presence. In the mighty name of Jesus, I pray, Amen.

Here's to September...

No comments:

Post a Comment