Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Decade Later



Today marks the 10th Anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks across the nation. I remember sitting in my high school computer class watching the television with fellow peers as the events of that day unfolded. It was a horrific day - one that I, nor anyone else for that matter, can ever forget.

Today I am reminded of just how blessed I am to live in this country, with all the opportunities that have been afforded to me. I am grateful for the men and women who have laid their own lives on the line for the sake of my freedom. I am encouraged by the strength of my fellow citizens who rose up out of the ashes that day, and continue to do so everyday, despite the loss and heartache suffered.

President Obama read a scripture this morning, that I will now close with - a reminder that no matter what, God is in control and His hand is upon us...

Psalm 46:1,7 (NIV)
"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.
The LORD Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress."

God Bless America, my home, sweet home.

No comments:

Post a Comment