Monday, September 19, 2011

Capital City River Run Half Marathon







Well...I DID IT! I ran my first half marathon yesterday and it was AWESOME! I put all of that training (12 weeks, 121 miles) to the test and it paid off! Here are the results...

Capital City River Run Half Marathon 2011
Miles: 13.1
Time: 2:09:22
Pace: 9:53
Place: 42 out of 80 in my age group

I am so thrilled to have accomplished this goal. All year I have wanted to be able to do this and to finally have it under my belt feels amazing!

Saturday night, Kenny prayed over me and yesterday morning before the race, I knelt in prayer again and read the scriptures. I was reminded, of course, of my scripture memory verse (I can do everything through Him who gives me strength) and also of Isaiah 40:31 which says, "Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." I clung to these promises throughout my run, and in Jesus' name, I was victorious! Even when my knees began to feel the burn of the run and I had to slow my pace, I just continued to lift up my prayers and praises for the beautiful, perfect weather, and the opportunity and blessing to run this race, and He helped me get through to the finish line! God is so GOOD!

I'm continuing to celebrate today by taking my first day off in 6 MONTHS from work, and enjoying a rainy day with my hubby! It's going to be GREAT!

Praise God for everything He has done! I am so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment