Monday, April 25, 2011

God Speaks

Wow! I am just in awe at what an AWESOME, AMAZING, WONDERFUL, God I serve! I wrote out all of my prayer requests last night in preparation for my fast, which starts tomorrow morning. Doing that really helped to get me focused on the things that I need to be seeking His wisdom for in my life. Just writing them down was like praying quietly to God, preparing my heart, mind, and soul for the intimate and more concentrated prayers I'll be sending to Him while out of commission with my foot. I'm really excited about my time with Him. I'm praying for increased sensitivity to His voice, insight into His Word, and an overall sense of peace, stillness, and joy in His presence. I can tell it's going to be GREAT!

So, as I wrote in my blog yesterday, I've really been facing a lot of chaos and confusion where my new job is concerned. Well, my devotional, "Jesus Calling," spoke about this today and it just melted my heart because it's so what I needed to hear...

"Circumstances are in flux, and the world seems to be whirling around you. The only way to keep your balance is to fix your eyes on me, the One who never changes. If you gaze too long at your circumstances, you will become dizzy and confused. Look to Me, refreshing yourself in my Presence, and your steps will be steady and sure."

I am one of those people who sometimes has to verbalize out loud what I've read so that it sticks with me. I basically said out loud to myself after reading this, "Hannah, life is full of ups and downs, ups and downs, ups and downs. But, God is the straight line through it all. He doesn't go up and down, He's the same yesterday, today, and forever. Look for and call on Him when things feel out of control. He is there, keeping everything steady even when it looks messy and crazy." What a relief! God is so GOOD! I'm glad He doesn't change like the wind.

So, I read this and then shortly after get in my car to go to work and excitedly put in the new Francesca Battistelli album, Hundred More Years, which my hubby just bought me for Easter (it's AWESOME by the way!). I'm just driving along and the second song to come on is called "Constant" and here's what the lyrics say...

I’m just a little bit afraid of where I’m going
And it feels like a hurricane is blowing over
Though I can’t find the ground below
I’ve lived enough to know
I’ve lived enough to know

You’re my constant in every moment
Constant
You’ve never failed me
All my life
You have never left my side
You are my constant

Okay I really don’t like change but I can’t stop it
I’m moving forward anyway with the promise
You are the anchor for my soul
That’s all I need to know
That’s all I need to know

You’re my constant in every moment
Constant
You’ve never failed me
All my life
You have never left my side
You are my constant

Before I was a thought on earth
You knew me then and You gave me worth
When all of this is said and done
You will be the One I’m standing on

You’re my constant in every moment
Constant
You’ve never failed me
All my life
You have never left my side
You are my constant


Is that not a direct reflection of what God spoke to me through my devotional? This is AMAZING! He uses so many mediums to remind us of who He is, who we are in Him, and what He can do in and through us. It just made me break out in a big smile while I was driving. I felt so special and loved that He cares enough about what I'm going through that He would speak to me and confirm His truth to me! Oh, how I love Him!

So, THEN...yes, there's more...I'm at work and it's about mid-morning and I see that my phone is blinking from a Facebook message from a friend I don't see much except for on the internet. I read her comment and I just can't believe what I'm reading. She essentially is checking in on me to see how the broken foot is doing and adds, "Please write a devotional or some book with inspirational words in it." Why might you ask is this so interesting to me? Well, two weekends ago I came across some things in the bible I had never learned or heard before and I journaled about them and the funniest notion came to me: I should write a book about these. And it sort of got me excited because I had this sense that writing a book is something I might actually be able to do in my life. But, it's not something I would just want to do without God's anointing and blessing, especially when it would involve His Word. It's sacred and holy ground I'd be treading, and I would never want to go about it in the wrong fashion. So, I actually put this on my list of prayers to discuss and commune with God about while I fast. And I feel like He confirmed this idea through my friend. My thought now is to pray more about it and see what He desires for me to write and to lead me in getting started if this is what He is willing me to do. I'm so thrilled to see what, if anything, will come from this!

This is my point for the day: God SPEAKS! When we humble ourselves before Him, or if He humbles us FOR us (as He did in my case with the broken foot), we are in a position to listen to Him and learn from Him. He does speak today and when we hear Him, it is the sweetest voice to our ears, and the most joyous feeling in the world to know He loves us enough to talk to us! Nothing compares to the voice of God. My prayer is that all of us would draw close to Him, listen closely, and let Him open up our minds, hearts, and souls to the things He wants to show us. He is GOOD, so GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment