Thursday, April 15, 2010

Scripture Memory Verse #8

Already that time of the month again...a new verse with new insights from a GREAT God!

This next verse I've chosen to focus on is inspired by my pastor who told us to reflect on this verse over this past week. We are doing a 10 week study over the Book of Colossians and our next message will be examining this scripture...

Colossians 1:13-14
"For he has rescued us from darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins."

Although I recognize the significance of this verse, especially for what means to me as a Christian, I'm pondering what our pastor will speak about with regards to this passage. I'm going to do my best to reflect and memorize it over the next few days and pray that God will breathe life into my heart through these words as I hear them on Sunday morning!

Just an update on health and fitness...since my last post, I have lost 17.2 lbs total to date! Very excited that I am continuing to tone my body and improve my health. I've boosted up my running for the race happening in a little over a week. I actually ran 3 miles in 28 minutes the other night and all praise to God for that! It was so awesome and such an incredible feeling. Hoping He will help me keep up the good work!

Lastly, just to share for fun...my husband and I got free tickets to go see Carrie Underwood in concert last night. It was a great night - there's something magical about live music. I was really pleased with how both artists (Craig Morgan and Carrie Underwood) acknowledged God in their music. For all the fame and wealth they have, it was encouraging to see that these individuals know where their talent comes from and who made them to be the people they are. I was really inspired by it in that it made me think about how I need to be living my passions out for God and His glory. Still pondering those areas - don't have them quite nailed down yet - but I'm going to work it out with Him and see what He reveals.

That's all for now - Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment