Thursday, April 1, 2010

Scripture Memory Verse #7

Happy April! This year is just flying by, but what a great year it has been so far!

I am happy to say that I am still doing well with my workouts and healthy eating plan. To date, I have lost 12.8 lbs! My husband and I ran our first 5K of the year on Saturday, March 20. Although it was the first day of Spring, it was 35 degrees and snowing...that's Michigan for you! BUT, we had a great time. I ran the entire 3.2 miles and finished in 31 minutes. Not bad for my first race in a very long time. We are now preparing for the Susan G. Komen "Race for the Cure" on Sunday, April 25th. I am very excited to run for such a great cause!

Well, the Easter holiday will be here in only 3 days. I've always loved Easter and what means to me as a believer in Jesus Christ. Its the time where we get to celebrate the fact that He conquered death and rose from the grave, a miracle beyond all comprehension, and that points the finger to an Almighty God. In doing so, the chains of sin were broken and we were offered a life of FREEDOM in Him! Isn't that truly amazing? I absolutely LOVE it!

For the next 15 days, I am choosing to focus on a verse that capitalizes the meaning of Easter...

Luke 24:5-6

"Why do you look for the living among the dead? He is not here; He has risen!"

I love the question in this verse, and I love that its directed toward WOMEN. How many times do we look at or for dead things - whether they be issues from our past, relationships that are long over, etc. How come we have such a hard time moving forward and living the abundant life to which we are called? How come we don't always believe God for the things He tells us? In the case of this passage, the women had been told Jesus would rise from the dead, but they still journeyed to the tomb to tend to His body. Why? Why do we not listen?

I'm praying that over the next 15 days I will be open to what God is speaking to me - the truths He has to share with me about my life and the direction I'm headed. I'm praying that I would move forward and be FREE from things in my life that are dead and no longer needed. And I pray I'd be obedient in following where He leads.

He is RISEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment