Monday, May 17, 2010

Scripture Memory Verse #10

Well, there sure has been a lot going on in my life since the last time I posted! I’m posting a little later than normal because we were up north over the weekend and the wireless internet isn’t set up at this point, so today will do just fine!

Just an update on my diet and exercising….I’ve continued to work out consistently throughout the week and have finally hit my weight-loss goal of 20 LBS! As of this morning, I have lost 20.2 lbs! I am very happy and excited to have finally met this goal. I had intended to meet this by June 1st, and am thrilled to have met it 2 weeks early! I intend to continue to stick to my guns and stay motivated. At this point, my overall goal is to stay fit and be healthy. I will still track my progress and report as needed.

In other exciting news, we are soon going to be the owners of a newer home out in the country! The offer we put on the house back in March was accepted and we are moving forward. There’s a lot to do before we actually move – tidying and packing, cleaning and organizing, painting and updating – the list goes on…but I’m really trying not to get overwhelmed and just take it one day at a time. My husband and I make a good team (thank the Lord!), so I’m confident we’ll be just fine. We are totally trusting in God to be with us as we make this life-changing transition!

My aunt and I are traveling to Grand Rapids this weekend to see Living Proof LIVE with Beth Moore! We are really looking forward to seeing her teach in person! We are huge Beth fans, so this is a real treat! I’m especially looking forward to the “spiritual retreatness” of the occasion. It’s always nice to get away and spend time with another person who lives in the faith. I’m hoping it’ll be just the thing I need to get through the next few weeks with the above mentioned activities!

Onto the reason for my post…

I recently listened to a Beth Moore video (big surprise, right?) in which she talked about prayer. She pointed to a verse that I had never really noticed before, but it's now become something I think about while I'm preparing for the busy day ahead each morning.

Psalm 90:14
"Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days."

What I so love about this verse is that it makes it clear that the only thing that can ever satisfy our souls is the love of God and that when we draw strength from that first thing in the morning, it is with us the whole day. That's a big deal. I know throughout a normal day, I encounter challenges and difficulties that were it not for God's unfailing love, I may not have the ability to get through them. But with God, I can get through everything and still have joy and gladness. It's really a mindset and an attitude - that no matter what happens, God loves me and that love is all I need to live. Amazingly simple! I need some simplicity!

I hope this verse will become my daily morning prayer and that at the end of each day, I can look back and see how God's unfailing love carried me through. Thank You, Lord, for Your truth, wisdom, and love! You are an awesome God and I love you so much. I praise You for the amazing things You are doing in my life. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment