Monday, February 21, 2011

Monday Musings





I'm sitting here in my favorite chair, all comfy in my sweats, next to a roaring fire in the living room. Last week it was in the 50's with green grass and sunshine, and last night it snowed almost 1 ft and the temperature is now in the high 20's. Gotta love Michigan weather!

Today has been a wonderful! My husband decided to take a personal day off from work and spend it with me. We woke up early and I made some coffee. He headed out to shovel for a bit and I made use of the time to work on my bible study, do my weight lifting, and even apply for some jobs. (All of this before 11 am!) After we got ready for the day, we headed out to lunch at Gracie's Place, a quaint and cozy little cafe/bistro with what I must say are the best sweet potato fries EVER! Seriously...yum! Then we drove around for a bit and then met a good friend of ours for a slice of pie and some good conversation, before heading back home for a night of relaxing. It's just been fantastic!

In other news, this past weekend I completed my first race of the new year. I ran the MSU College of Law Frosty 5K and ended up finishing in the Top 10 of my age group, 6th place to be exact, with a time of 27:39! This has been my best race time yet! It was such a great feeling, and it got me really pumped up for my next race which will probably be next month. I think my newly incorporated strength-based yoga exercises have made a huge difference. I've managed to still drop some weight, while really firming up my core, legs, glutes, and arms. It's nice to finally be in the toning phase!

Shifting gears, I want to share the verse I'm focusing on for memorization purposes...

Jeremiah 29:11, NIV
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

It's such an appropriate verse in regards to my current unemployment situation. This process has been one of learning to trust in God's plans and purposes and in letting Him do His mighty work in my life. Jesus has really captivated my heart through His Word via my daily devotional, bible study, and the sermons at church. The connections I've been able to make are nothing short of the Spirit working in this girl's heart, mind, and soul. Yes, it's convicting, but I see that I am who I am today because of Him! I can't do life on my own...but in Him, I can do all things through Him who gives me strength (Phil. 4:13). I can't, but He can and I just have to accept that and let Him work out all of this jobs stuff! He's the One who has everything under control and I'm so GLAD!

That's all for now. Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment