Thursday, January 6, 2011

Ocean Sunrise





It was early enough when I woke up a couple days ago to catch the sunrise over the Atlantic Ocean. I took pictures as it rose higher and higher in the sky, allowing for all these nuances as the sun hit the water and streamed out through the clouds. It's such a peaceful experience - before the world awakens with all it's demands and pressures, this majestic phenomenon takes place each and every day. For me, it points to something bigger, something better, something lovely, beyond my wildest imaginings.

The beauty of the sunrise lead me to the scriptures. I looked at verses with the term "sun" and was inspired as each one pointed to Christ - namely His peace, righteousness, healing, glory, and radiance.

Luke 1:78-79 (The Message)
"Through the heartfelt mercies of our God, God's Sunrise will break in upon us, shining on those in the darkness, those sitting in the shadow of death, then showing us the way, one foot at a time, down the path of peace."

Malachi 4:2 (The Message)
"But for you, sunrise! The sun of righteousness will dawn on those who honor my name, healing radiating from its wings. You will be bursting with energy, like colts frisky and frolicking."

Isaiah 60:1-2 (The Message)
"...Wake up. Put your face in the sunlight. God's bright glory has risen for you. ... God rises on you, his sunrise glory breaks over you."

Psalm 34:5 (NIV)
"Those who look to him are radiant."

I love how God used an everyday event to draw me closer to Him. I don't know if I'll ever look at a sunrise the same way again after this experience. It's more than just a beautiful sight to me now. It's hope and the promise of love by a God who is watching over me and passionate about being in relationship with me. He is so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment